Monday, July 21, 2008

The Flea Market Is A Comin'...!!

It's almost time, so we don't have much time to chat. We both were a little side-tracked this weekend...hanging out with Cindy and Barry at their place in Salem (yes, the disco ball was in full swing)...sittin' on our porch drinkin' moonshine...and talking about ALL the stuff we STILL have to do!
Even with the R & R, the Barn House space is coming together. Joe wasn't content with just having a tent, so he insisted on building yet ANOTHER "big elaborate structure." Even though I was close to having anxiety attack when he first mentioned the idea, I must say it looks really nice. One day I am going to choke on all the words I have to eat around here!
Natalie (Sparrow) has slowing been bringing her larger pieces. This is an absolutely gorgeous European hutch she recently found on a scouting adventure. If it doesn't sell at the Flea Market, it is definitely finding a place in the Barn House Home Collection. AND we have been hearing about all of the wonderful treasures our other dealers are bringing. It's going to be jammed packed!! HEE HAW!!!
The Chili Cook-Off and Deliciously Sweet Bake off is going to be FANTASTICO!! We even have us a local celebrity judge y'all!!! Krista Colvin, AM Northwest Lifestyle Expert and Creator of Shebang.com, The Smart Woman's Guide to Doing it All is going to be one of our judges!! We have several other confirmed fabulous judges, BUT, we could use a few more. Please let us know if you are interested--the judging includes an exclusive home tour!! ;o) We have some great entries in both categories. We are kind of getting nervous about not winning. Everybody is talking behind the scenes about all these special ingredients and stuff...yikes!! BUT, since we have these here home grown Walla Walla onions that are ready for the pickin', we plan to use them in the Barn House Chili entry (nobody else has these gosh darnit!). Somehow, Cindy (Queen of Tarte) and her man Barry found the 'Antelope' for their chili. If we didn't actually see it happen for ourselves, we probably wouldn't believe it either. One of their party guests was in Africa (or something like that) the other day and supposedly has the hook-up on 'Antelope.' They asked if they could borrow our goats and sheep for their 27 meat (or something like that) concoction, but we politely said HELL NAW! ;o)
We will post directions later this week. Hope to see you on Saturday!!! Tell a friend or 10 friends or 100 friends...this is going to be something else!

J & J
P.S. - Oh, and we have been "tagged" by the beautiful and amazingly talented Brooke. She is really going to get it for this!! I don't know if anyone will be ready for our answers. LOL :o) More to come...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming down from enumclaw with my friend! can't wait! haven't seen some of these vendors since farm chicks and I can't wait!
xo, Tiffany

Brooke Ahana Bailey said...

Hee - Haw! I loved every line of this entry and wasn't even mildly concerned if you mentioned the tag, but sure enough...aw, you guys are the greatest! I'm so at the show this weekend in spirit. Meanwhile, I have two art extravaganzas on Thursday with these little buggers!

A Cottage Industry said...

I'm coming to the sale from Reno, Nevada and Krista suggested I see about judging the sweet bake off....if you need another judge, I'd love to volunteer! Let me know...
Tracey

http://acottageindustry.typepad.com/a_cottage_industry/

Little Cottage said...

All the best of luck for the upcoming flea market! I'm soooooo exited for you! We're having a grand time in Norway;- time flies by & no time for blogging w/pictures :o)
With much love, Sylvi

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I would like to be a judge, in absentee, though. Can I please, we could do a conference call and you could tell me how good each one of the entries are, or....you could save me samples and ship them back with Linda and Ludmil. What ya say?

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I wish I could be there for your Barn show, just a few days later I would be there, because I'll be on my way to Seaside! :) Good luck and have a great show!!

Teresa