Monday, September 14, 2009

And that's a wrap, folks...

I must admit, I was a tiny bit nervous about how this was all going to come together after taking a little vacation last weekend to be with Celeste and Dan...then, I started to get a little more nervous when Joe got sick on Monday (and a sick Joe is a rather challenging Joe to be around--we don't call him Joey Drama for nothing). I made a very special effort not to get myself worked up into a frenzy...there was certainly no time or energy for all of that madness. "Think Solutions, Ding-Dong, think solutions!!!" is what I kept telling myself.
We ended up outsourcing a few things that we would normally be scrambling around to complete before a show. In addition, Diana, Natalie, Kim, Cindy and Katherine came to the rescue on Thursday/Friday. Ladies, we sincerely thank you for all of your hard work helping pull this off. We certainly couldn't have made it to the finish line without your amazing talents!!! We are extremely honored to call you our friends. :o)

It all came together beautifully in the 11th hour...and ended up being one of our best sales to date!!!




















We must thank Timi and the wonderful folks on the Come Junk With Us Bus from Seattle!! We were so incredibly honored to have you all here. And our friend Katherine (Katherine's Folie) did an absolutely AMAZING job with the menu/catering. There were SOOO MANY delicious dishes for the VIPs on the bus. Katherine really outdid herself...it was completely over-the-top! We also must thank Katherine's volunteers who helped make this all come together at showtime...Katie, Lucky Lynne, Heather and Thea. We also must really thank "The Parking Boys of Barn House." The professionalism and hard-working nature of these young gentlemen is something else. We receive endless positive compliments from visitors about them. Their parents should really be proud!!
A very special thanks to all of you who have shared in this experience with us...especially our friends/dealers who have brought their A-Game to Barn House and lifted us up over the past two seasons. The Barn House Experience would be nothing without you. We love you, appreciate you and thank you all! And we obviously thank all of the friends/customers who have come from all over the country to visit and be here with us and The Barn House Family. Your generosity is astounding!

This past season was really incredible! Our only regret is neglecting some of the things most important to us in the process. We have learned a few life lessons to say the least. One thing is for sure, we will be doing a lot more "editing" next year...and spending a lot more time with the people we love and enjoying the pleasures of Spring/Summer/Fall here in The Great NW. I can't believe October is right around the corner and we have only had ONE BBQ this summer (and that just ain't right)!! Some things will be definitely changing.

Before I fall off the face of the Earth for a little bit, I must mention that our friends Laurie & Debbie of Worthy Goods are venturing out into The Big League and are organizing their very first show!!! HEE HAW! You won't want to miss The First Annual Camas Vintage Street Faire. They have over 20 vendors and it is sure to be a blast!!! Hope to see you there...

J & J
Barn House

39 comments:

Maison Douce said...

You guys are the best!!! Congratulations on an amazing season, every show was more incredible than the next, and I feel truly priviledged to have seen you grown in leaps and bounds!!! Big hug (and I hope I don't have to wait too long for a real one!!)!!
Isabel

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Are you guys ever going to take your show on the road? I would love to be able to have a Barn House experience someday. I've mapquested you and you're about a five day drive away from Montreal. Will you ever be closer? Or go somewhere like Texas for the big shows - have you considered this? Maybe you need to think about this... for those of us being seriously deprived :)

Aura said...

Will you please come open a store in Oklahoma? Come on, I know it's been a lifelong dream to live there ;)

AuroraSuzette said...

What great pictures! Sad I couldn't make it back on Saturday..looks like so much fun. Thanks for letting me be a part of your fab BH world this time. Sorry I couldn't stay longer to help Friday evening. What an exceptional season!!

littlebyrd said...

I am SO sorry to have missed your season finale :(
It looks amazing and it doesn't surprise me at all that if was
f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!!!
Hope to see you soon.

trash talk said...

Boys, it all looks wonderful. I hate to see this season end for purely selfish reasons. You have provided a much needed "shot in the arm" for this chubby junker. I was getting a little burned out and jaded until I saw y'alls energetic output. To say it stoked me would be an understatement.
Thanks for the inspiration when I was feeling uninspired!
Debbie

Maisy said...

Looks great. As I mentioned on Kim's blog...I really think I need to move. You really have a knack for this thing. It is always looking AMAZING!!!!

Brighid said...

I'm in love, I'm in love with Barn House. I'm going to make it up there for one of your events even if it's the last thing I do. Well next to last. Thanks for being you.

Anonymous said...

oh my, what an amazing place I have stumbled upon! What inspiration you give! I wish we had BH gatherings here where I live. I grew up in a rural area and had a barn growing up where I spent many a long summer day with my dog exploring, playing, and laying in the hay. I have a great love for barns and regrettably we do not have one where my husband and I live now. We are rural but there is no barn.
Beautiful, Thank you so much for sharing with everyone!
Charmaine

The Green Pea said...

Let us know the dates as soon as you can for the next show. I am planning on coming up! Soooo beautiful all of your displays are. I am happy for your great success. What nice friends you have to help you out in the 11th hour. Sweet ladies! sandi

Heidi said...

Your pictures are amazing! I, too, would love to experience Barn House first hand! I see that many commenting before me feel the same and live far away too! I have not been the NW for about 15 years - gonna have to get together a posse and make my way there!
:)Heidi

HeatherF1 said...

We were there for the first time on Saturday and I wish that I had gotten my butt out of bed earlier so we would have been there when you OPENED! My friend warned me, but 9 am was the best we could do. Everything looked fabulous, and I was really impressed with how reasonable the prices were. So nice! And I do believe I spied you in Coburg the next day. Busy, busy!

Florence said...

You all put on one fantastic show, one that raises the bar above all, thank you. Get some much needed rest and restore and we will all look forward to what spring brings us.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your time off - you both deserve it!!! I was so glad I had a chance to come to one of your shows this year - it was truly incredible!! You are gifted with talent beyond measure!! And with that - you have brought so much happiness to so many . . . thank you for your gift of time and talents . . . now go put your feet up and enjoy yourself!! - liz

Kindred Roses said...

I am thining to myself "Vacation".
It must be in the works right???
Where should you go???
Cancun
St. Maartin
Tahiti
Anyways, you boys rock!!! Go have fun
Julie, Kindred Roses

shabbyscraps said...

Wow, boys, you really went out with a bang....what a wonderful season you had... hope to join you next season!
xoxo, Tiffany

Julie H. said...

I so enjoyed my first Barn House trip with the fabulous Timi on the Junk Bus. The VIP treatment the two of you rolled out for us was astounding. Truly a day to be remembered. I felt blessed to be a part of it all, your warm hospitality, Katherine's amazing food, the home tour,wining a gift certificate, all made my day (year). Joe sorry for stealing a hug from you before I jumped back on the Junk bus, I just could not resist and needed to bestow my appreciation for such a lovely day, plus you are just too cute for words! Thank you again for everything.

Julie

Katie said...

Hi...I would like to add my heartfelt thanks for the wonderful hospitality you showed to me and the other "Junk Bus" riders.

I felt truly pampered, and I was so inspired after seeing your home, that I came home and re-decorated my bathroom...Thanks so much...Katie

Auntie Joy said...

I want to ride the junk bus... How strange would it be to drive to
Seattle to join that party, when I would have to go past BH on the way??
I was so sad to miss your last 2 sales, I definitely will be cooridinating my schedule better with yours next year!
Love you both as if you were my own!
I can't tell you how proud I am of all you have accomplished, indeed you do deserve a vacation!
Love and hugs,
JOY!

Gaia said...

I really wish I was there with all of you! So jealous!

Lisa of Lisa's Little House said...

Once again a delight on so many levels. From the Junk Bus and friends, to lunch in your beautiful garden, to walking in your shoes for a brief moment during the house tour. Beauty inside and out and all around. Thanks for 'living your dream' and inviting us to join you.
Lisa
Salvage Studio

Kathrine said...

Jermonne and Joe,

THANK YOU for allowing me to do the catering for your show. It is always a treat staying & spending time with you two. I am always inspired when I leave (much to my husbands dismay, ha). I wish I had a fab place like yours to offer up.

Thank you again.

Hugs
Kathrine

Karen said...

It all looks great, as usual! I've wondered how you guys do all that and still have time for life stuff.

robin bird said...

it really was a great season for me too since it was my first. the unforeseen bonus is that i made such amazingly wonderful friends. you, joe, the animals and all of your friends welcomed me this year into the angel fold and i am happy and grateful. each and every show added to my belief that the Barn House is a force of nature as a community of friends and co-workers. i simply don't see how you mane to do it all and with such generosity and love for all. everyone feels welcome at the Barn House! See you soon :)
XO

decorator to the stars said...

GREAT BLOG, STOP BY & SAY HI I'M HAVING A CONTEST :) GIO

Jeanne Oliver said...

It sounds like it was amazing and that you need a break:-) This HAS been a busy season. I was just thinking how I was so busy that we didn't do some of the special things that make summer...summer. I am changing that this fall and already have a few things planned. Enjoy the break and hopefully I can make it to one of your shows in the summer.

red ticking said...

i heard the sale was a huge success and next time i will come for the party... wish i would have known... congratulations!!! x pam

Julie said...

I am a little slow at telling y'all that it looked like a "Mavalus" event! I of course would expect nothing less from BH.
Hugs, Julie

Little Cottage said...

I love you both from here to the moon & back :o)
Rest & quiet time are surely rewarded, but we all know your gears are gonna work hard till next spring :o)
Hugs from Sylvi

TeresaM said...

WOW!!! Looks like heaven!!! Sure wish I lived close enough to come and enjoy your show!!!

So glad I found your blog!

Mel said...

I could have spent all day there... not to mention money.

Have a great weekend,
Mel

Jennifer said...

your site is so much fun - thanks for sharing!!! love all the vintage items and critters too....Jennifer

Andrea said...

Awesome, I need to catch a ride on the junk bus! Hopefully soon I will!Scince I am in that area!

prashant said...

I would love to be able to have a Barn House experience someday. I've mapquested you and you're about a five day drive away from Montreal. Will you ever be closer?
Make website india

plaisirs simples said...

looks charming!! would love to make it to one of your shows one day!!!

Anonymous said...

Just found you boys after hearing so much about you. You are legends ;)
I can't wait to meet you all in person at the next event.
Hugs,
Amada

Anonymous said...

I just love your little corner of the world.....I wish you were closer. Aren't animals just your favorite people?

Warm wishes,
KAREN EILEEN

Weathered & Worn said...

Great home and farm! I just love animals and living in the country! Thanks for sharing.

prashant said...

and I feel truly priviledged to have seen you grown in leaps and bounds

Domain registration india