Friday, July 6, 2012

From The Heart - 2012 BH Lineup!


(image courtesy of TheFancyFarmgirl.com)

As the date gets closer to our 5th Annual Vintage & Antique Marketplace, Joe and I have been reminiscing about how special this journey has been to us.   We have met so many incredibly beautiful people over the years, many of whom have had a tremendous impact on our lives.  Because our events are hosted at our home, which is the most sacred place to us, it is a very intimate endeavor.  When we left Los Angeles over six years ago and decided to move onto a farm in SW Washington, our goal was to create home filled with love and positive energy - a place where our family and friends could visit and really feel the love in our hearts and enjoy the little slice of heaven we created for ourselves.  So when we started Barn House and began hosting special events on our farm, we wanted our guests and customers to feel the same way.  

And we truly feel our business has grown so quickly, not only because of the great items available for sale, but also because of what we like to call 

The Barn House Experience.  

It’s the treasures, the delicious food, the music, the local wines and beers, the friendly chickens-llamas-turkeys-goats-sheep, the hugs, the inspiration, the smiles, the laughter, the peace and the love.  Each year the audience grows.  We have received more press and magazine features than we could have ever imagined.

But, certainly, we can’t take all of the credit.  

This is a collaborative effort that involves many people.   

Each of our “Featured Invited Guests” brings something very exceptional and unique to the table.  Their talents, as well as blood-sweat-tears, have continued to elevate our show to higher levels year-after-year.  

Recently, we were even listed in the Top 20 Flea Markets in the country by 

I can’t express how much love we have for these folks for their continued support and friendship.  They are undoubtedly the best of the best!!!  It is such an honor and pleasure to have them at our home every summer.   We often get asked by people, “I would love to do your show, how do I sign up?”  There is no sign up sheet and we hope our response is never taken personally.  

We have a very limited space with no expansion or venue changing plans. 
We host here at our home, which is what makes it all so personal and distinctive.
It just is what it is.  And we love it!

 It is very important to us to be overly protective about maintaining and nurturing a particular dynamic.   


It is magical.  It is extraordinary.  Pure Love.


It is not uncommon for many of us to be a bit teary-eyed by the overwhelming love in the air during set-up, the show. and when we must say good-bye until next time.  After all, it is our annual Barn House Family Reunion, right?  No pretense.  No drama.  Just love for each other and a celebrating of  our collective  accomplishments and why we work our asses off in this crazy micro-industry.  And this year, we are very pleased to have been able to invite some new folks whom we have been stalking over the years and we are sure they will enhance The BH Experience even more.  EPIC!  

So, without further ado, we are pleased to announce this year’s line-up of amazingly talented collectors, decorators and, most importantly, friends -- coming from as far south as West Hollywood, CA to as far north as Bainbridge Island, WA.


Barn House
 5th Annual Vintage & Antique Marketplace
   
Featuring our VERY Special Invited Guests:
A Thing For Roses - Sherwood, OR
Auntie Joy - Silverton, OR
Carney Couture – West Hollywood, CA
Calamity Jane’s Antiques – Ridgefield, WA
Camas Antiques – Camas, WA
Cottage Vintage Home – Vancouver, WA
Design Cottage – Tacoma, WA
Duchess – Vancouver, WA
Garden Girl – Yakima, WA
Garden Primitives - Camas, WA
Greatfindz - Redmond, WA
House of Harvest – Washougal, WA
JunkGirls – San Luis Obispo, CA
Kindred Roses – Camas, WA
Life’s a Spice – Battle Ground, WA
Madison Park Antiques – Portland, OR
Maison Douce – Sherwood, OR
Molly Mo’s – Sublimity, OR
Petit & Olson – Bainbridge Island, WA
Platanitis - Lincoln, CA
Seabold Vintage Market – Bainbridge Island, WA
Sparrow – Battle Ground, WA
Tarte – Salem, OR
Thea’s Vintage Living – Portland, OR
Vintage by Fate – Portland, OR
Vintage Trifles - Salem, OR
Worthy Goods - Washougal, WA / Oregon City, OR

Food & Drinks by:

Musical Guest:



We will have even MORE parking this year, as well as ATMs on-site.  We must also mention that our little town of Battle Ground is jumping with all kinds of other great stuff going on the same day as our event including our vintage-loving sister friends down the road at A Vintage Gathering, two Antique/Vintage stores in downtown Battle Ground (Main Street Station and Rusty Glamour -both on Main St.) and the Heisen House Vineyards Lavender Festival.

Directions to Barn House:
(these are the most simple directions - please visit mapquest for shortcuts/additional routes) 

From Portland International Airport:
I-205 N toward Seattle to Exit 32 toward Battle Ground (Padden Parkway East)
Padden Parkway-EAST exit (drive approx 10 miles to Risto Rd)
Risto Road – Turn Right (there will be a BH sign here – drive approx 3 miles)
242nd Avenue – Turn Left (can’t miss it, Venersborg Store on left + BH sign)

From Camas, WA:
WA-14 WEST toward Vancouver, WA (to Exit 8)
164th Ave (Exit 8) – Turn Right (drive approx 6 miles until it ends at Ward)
Ward Rd – Turn Right (drive approx 4 miles)
Risto Road – Turn Right (there will be a BH sign here – drive approx 3 miles)
242nd Avenue – Turn Left (can’t miss it, Venersborg Store on left + BH sign)

From Seattle, WA:
I-5 South toward Portland
I-205 South to Exit 32 toward Battle Ground (Padden East)
Padden Parkway-EAST exit (drive approx 10 miles to Risto Rd)
Risto Road – Turn Right (there will be a BH sign here – drive approx 3 miles)
242nd Avenue – Turn Left (can’t miss it, Venersborg Store on left + BH sign)

From Downtown Battle Ground, WA:
From Main Street head East
Grace Avenue - Turn Right (South)
SE Eaton/199th Street - Turn Left (East)
Risto Road – Turn Left (there will be a BH sign here – drive approx 3 miles)
242nd Avenue – Turn Left (can’t miss it, Venersborg Store on left + BH sign)


For updates, sneek peeks and our crazy shenanigans as we make a mad dash for the finish line, visit www.facebook.com/barnhousebh.  


Much Love!

Joe & Jermonne
The Boys of Barn House


15 comments:

The Little Red Shop said...

We are so excited for your show!!! In fact, I'm pretty sure I jumped up and down when I heard that Amy, Kris, and Kathryn will be vendors this year, if not…at least I grinned from ear-to-ear, like I am doing right now!! Oh, what fun!!! See y'all soon. : )

Happy July,

Julie M.

The Blue Farmhouse said...

I have planned my vacation around this event and I'll be exited to leave California for the "Barn House" experience. Also, my sister in law lives in Vancouver and has a home in Battle Ground and I'm bringing her with me.

Lori E said...

The excitement is building, I can't wait. How many sleeps???? 21, 21 more sleeps. Squeal.

trash talk said...

I wish I was one of your people...sigh.
Deb

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looking forward to everyone sharing with us who are too far away!

Unknown said...

So...I have to deliver flowers to a wedding and THEN drive down there! I'm not missing it this year!

Sending the love south ;)
deb @ Garden Party

Curtains in My Tree said...

oh how I wish I would be out in the northwest for this event

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I am so bummed to be missing this event by 1 day--we are headed tot he coast. Sweet JoAnne from Camas Antiques whom I recently had the pleasure of meeting speaks very highly of the event. Have a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I wish I was closer....nope. Still here. Maybe some day I will make it from California.
Until then, I will enjoy vicariously through your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I wish I was closer....nope. Still here. Maybe some day I will make it from California.
Until then, I will enjoy vicariously through your blog.

Alen said...

ohh my god its my bad luck that i am not with you ... :( . I also want to enjoy this event with you.

June Langley said...

I did not realize the Fifth Annual Vintage and Antique Marketplace is happening already. What an incredible honor to be named one of the 20 top flea markets in the country by Food and Wine. I love to sift through vintage items and antiques. It brings back many memories and gives me a chance to teach my children about history in a fun and visual way.

Unknown said...

You guys are so talented! I love checking in on you, there's always something new and you keep climbing higher and higher!

Keep on keeping on!

MUAH xoxo

Diane

home remodeling said...

Hello, I think this is the coollest blog I`ve seen. I really like your theme.

artisoo said...

Thank you for your show. I need to add this post to my bookmarks.