Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Boys of BH - On our way to Farm Chicks!!!


Sorry we have been MIA the past few weeks. Please forgive me, but I am waaaaay behind on blogging--it's awful, I know. The past couple of months have been a whirlwind of activity!! After our Season Opening, we had two of our very dearest/closest friends in the entire world here from New Mexico for over a week (Brenda and Roseanne). We just had to get that vegetable garden planted. We have been tending to our new (very high maintenance) children. We have been spending HOURS AND HOURS filling countless water containers for those stinky/messy/mud-loving ducks (who can't seem to remember all the love they received living in our warm living room as tots--heavy sigh). We also spent a couple of days lolly gagging in The Land of Tarte. But really have been spending most of our time preparing for what is the most anticipated show West of the Mississippi -- The Farm Chicks!!! We have been SOOOOOO excited about doing this show for over a year. We couldn't make it last year, but planned our 2009 calendar so we could be a part of this show. So, in true Barn House Style, we decided to layer on a couple of HUGE projects (in addition to everything else going on). #1 Now that we think we are carpenters, we decided to build a little something for the show. #2 Is something extremely close to our hearts planned especially some friends of The Barn People who will be at the show (more to come). Now I know I still have to share the behind the scenes d-r-a-m-a before and during our opening...and I promise to do so (I really promise and have been practicing my "monologue")!! BUT, it's almost 1:00 am and I have to get up at 5 am to get ready (we still haven't packed our clothes to meet the other Barn People -- The Queen and King of Tarte -- for our little caravan to Spokane. The team that is late at our meeting place loses a terrible-terrible-TERRIBLE bet and will certainly be humiliated in front of a LOT of people this weekend. So, with that, I must be a good boy and get some ZZZs so I can wake up. But, we will leave you with a few pix of what we have been up to on our Little farm. HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE FARM CHICKS SHOW THIS WEEKEND!!! If you are going, please stop by our space and say hello!

J & J
Joe and Jermonne
The Boys of Barn House
Barn People
Prisoners of "The Ducks"






***sorry for any grammatical/spelling mistakes...ain't had much sleep in weeks!!!

29 comments:

Queen of Tarte said...

See you in the morning....the yard looks gorgeous!! xoxo

suzeeez said...

Great pictures....love the ducks too..... Sue

trash talk said...

Good to see y'all are still going strong! Ducky, just do what I do...sleep in the truck on the way.
Have a wonderful show and sell, sell, sell! The more you sell, the more you can buy. Come back with lots of stories.
Debbie

High Desert Diva said...

I'll be seeing ya Saturday!

littlebyrd said...

That cow is huge - HUGE! Are you all sleeping outside? Under that umbrella it looked like a cot possibly? That would be fun! See you soon!!

Kimberly said...

Pictures look like you're living my dream life! I love the ducks...the cow ...the garden...you are two lucky people!!!! :) KIM

mimi charmante said...

Can not tell you how excited we are to see you!!!
Safe travels,
xo

Beth E-R said...

We can all remember what sleep is after the Farm Chicks! Can't wait to see you both and your gorgeous booth. Have a peaceful trip there.
Beth of Salvage Studio

Florence said...

The farm girls and I are following behind you all. Oh my the cow is huge. Your garden looks great and all your settings out side look so inviting.

Kathy said...

Hope you guys have an awesome time,wish I was going,guess someone has to stay and tend to business :( Good luck on the sales ~Kathy

Jacque said...

I need a private jet so I can do it all! I would love to be there at Farm Chicks. Your place looks great, going to try to get there in July. Ducks can be very demanding! Have a great show and a safe trip.~Jacque

Unknown said...

Great Pics! I love the white cupboard in the trailer- wish I was going to be there to buy it!

Linda Q said...

Travel Safe and hope you sell lots.
Wish I were going over the mountains but I do hope to get to one of you Barn Sales one of these times.
Linda

shabbyscraps said...

see you at the show, and the place is looking great!
xoxo, Tiffany

Anne Marie said...

wonderful Potager!
and that is simply hilarious:
"prisoners of the ducks"...

safe journey~

Unknown said...

Your yard looks yummy! Your 'kids' are growin' like weeds friend....and man, wish I could go to the show too! You 'west coasters' have all the fun! :-) Tami E.

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Nice new trailer ya got there, Boyz! ;0) We just dropped ours off at the farigrounds and now I know that the others we saw were yours & Cindys!

C ya tomorrow....

Sue said...

Howdy~Hey,
I have been a regular lurker but since we just found out Wed. we were going to FarmChicks...I decided to introduce myself! I hope you had a safe (no sleeping at the wheel) and fun (who lost the bet??) trip. We (teen daughter and I) leave Sisters, Oregon at 5am tomorrow to make it there by lunch. We will pop in to say "Hey" to our fellow Oregonians... Can't wait to see all the treasures in your booth!
Blessings~LillySue

Living in the Garden said...

I love the wash tubs on the garden fence.
nice geometrics.

hope your Farm Chicks weekend is smashing.

flax and spindle said...

Just found you and now I'm hooked!

Anonymous said...

your farm yard looks so inviting, why don't you invite all of us out of towners & city folk over for some country fun!!

KatCollects said...

I love all of your animal pictures, your ducks sure grew fast. You are still missing a pet bunny though : ) I hope you are having a wonderful weekend in Spokane!
Kathy

Nora said...

You guys never cease to amaze me. Your booth was of course a favorite at the show this weekend. The only bad thing was that there were SO many people around I had to push some out of my way so I could see all the great treasures :)

Free Art Printables said...

It was fabulous to meet you at the Farm Chicks! Keep up the good work and hope to see you there next year! Jen

Maisy said...

Yes, it was your fault that I had a nasty hangover all day on Sunday....haha. I sure wish I could pass the blame to you but I am a grown woman(with a young heart) and should just know better.
I really enjoyed meeting you! I just love all your things...you both are so talented. Remember...I am here for you if you ever want to bring it to BORING Illinois.
Anyhoo...Is that a lama or an alpaca?
My dad has an alpaca farm with about 50 animals. My sister has one too with about 35 animals. Your place is just gorgeous.
Thanks for being so welcoming to all of us from out to town. I miss it already!

Prairie Girl Studio said...

looks like a great time was had by all ... i love your ducks ... and could i pretty please have the cabinet in the back of the trailer?

wishing you the best!
prairiegirl

Tara said...

Fantastic job at the farm chicks show, your booth was amazing, from the treasures to the ligthing to your smiling faces. If it weren't so crowded i am sure I would have left with a whole lot more! It was nice to meet you and we had a great time at the party, thank you!Hope you are getting some well deserved rest now...

ticklishfromadistance said...

The yeard looks so beautiful!

robin-bird said...

i know i am way late and a dollar short on this topic but..... i can't believe that i see a huge cow in that photo..on the farm... messing up the fields and scaring off the girls who have such delicate sensibilities anyway (sug, etc..) and i understand from cindy that is Dexter of Tarte Farm fame. if only he were cuter or more useful. i can see a lot has changed since i last came by. maybe i could sneak away over the long weekend for a brief visit with my camera..... it could happen. and honestly i would love to just see all the work joe has accomplished in the gardens.
enough,,i am waaay off the topic of your post!
xox